Don't Miss: Salmon Tacos
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 tacos
- 1-1/2 pounds cod fish
- 3/4 cup baking mix, such as Bisquick or Jiffy, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup seltzer water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- peanut oil for frying
- 6 corn tortillas
- For Cilantro Cream Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Taco Fixings:
- shredded cabbage, guacamole, salsa verde
- Cut the fish into long strips, about 1/2-inch wide.
- In a large shallow dish, whisk together the baking mix, egg and seltzer water. Set aside.
- Spread flour out in an even layer in a separate shallow dish. Sprinkle chili powder over the flour.
- Pour the oil into a large skillet with deep sides to a depth of 3/4-inch. Heat over medium-high heat to 350 degrees.
- Using tongs, dip the fish first in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess, then in the baking mix-seltzer water mixture.
- Slip the fish into the oil gently, standing back to avoid getting splattered with hot oil.
- Cook the fish for 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate covered with paper towels to drain.
- Repeat with remaining fish.
- Warm the corn tortillas in the microwave according to package directions.
- Stir together ingredients for the cilantro cream sauce until well-combined.
- To assemble tacos, place some cabbage in the center of a corn tortilla. Top with a tablespoon or two of the cilantro cream sauce. Top with several strips of fish. Add guacamole and salsa verde to your taste. Wrap and eat.
Don't Miss: Favorite Taco Recipes