This garlic shrimp recipe is full of fresh flavors and colors. Angel hair pasta or spaghetti and a nice green salad with apples and cheese
are the perfect side dishes for this lemon garlic shrimp.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. large or extra large peeled, deveined shrimp
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp 2 minutes or until pink on the bottom. Using tongs, turn shrimp.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and butter to the skillet. Cook shrimp another 1-1/2 minutes or until cooked through. Do not overcook! Shrimp is done when it is completely pink and starts to curl.
- Remove from skillet and stir in fresh parsley.
Serve with spaghetti or rice