- 1 lb. chicken breasts (or thinly-pounded chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1-3 dashes hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, sandwich buns
- Pound chicken breasts to a thickness of 1/4-inch. In order for the chicken to cook evenly, the breasts should be the same thickness.
If using chicken scallopine (thinly-pounded chicken breasts), skip this step.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients. Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag. Cover with marinade. Seal, and turn to coat chicken well.
- Refrigerate 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare grill or heat a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat on the stove.
- When grill or grill pan is hot, add chicken breasts (discard marinade). Grill until done, 2-4 minutes per side, depending on how thick the chicken breasts are.
Serve with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise, if desired, on sandwich rolls.