Hamburger Pasta Recipe
Why make homemade hamburger helper when the packaged kind is so easy? Because it tastes better! and it's healthier! This hamburger pasta recipe has real vegetables and far less sodium than the packaged kind.
Serve with green peas in lemon butter sauce and carrot salad.
- 3 large carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 3 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 16 oz. elbow macaroni
- 3-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup sour cream
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Place carrots and onion in the work bowl of a food processor, fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until vegetables are finely chopped. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef in a large (12-inch) skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables soften, 5-7 minutes.
- Add macaroni, 3-1/4 cups of the water and soy sauce. Cook until macaroni is tender, 7-9 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1/4 cup of water. Add to the hamburger mixture.
- Add the sour cream. Cook another 2-3 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.