Don't Miss: Winning Chili Recipes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 nitrate-free lean beef hot dogs or chicken or turkey hot dogs
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 14 oz. cans mild chili beans (not drained)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup relish
- 4 oz. chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- chopped onions and shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy saucepan or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, slice hot dogs into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Add hot dogs and onions to the oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot dogs are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to medium-low. Let chili simmer 5-10 minutes, until flavors meld. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve hot, topped with chopped onions and shredded cheddar cheese.