Italian Meatloaf RecipeThis Italian meatloaf recipe is moist and full of great flavor. Using prepared pesto and roasted red peppers from a jar makes this recipe for meatloaf easy, too.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup finely diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers from a jar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. prepared pesto
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes until onion softens.
- Add zucchini. Saute another 2 minutes, until all of the vegetables are soft.
- Stir in red peppers and ketchup. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Crack the egg into a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients (through ground beef) and half of the zucchini-ketchup mixture. Mix gently with your clean hands.
- Pat mixture into prepared loaf pan. Spread the remaining zucchini-ketchup mixture evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in preheated oven 50-60 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the middle reads 160 degrees F.
- Let meatloaf rest 10 minutes before serving.
Meatloaf RecipesBBQ Meatloaf Recipe
Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe
Easy Meatloaf Recipe
Mexican Meatloaf Recipe
Simple Meatloaf Recipe
Turkey Meatloaf Recipe