Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup Panko or other bread crumbs
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- For Lemon Sauce:
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Spread flour out in an even layer in a shallow dish.
- Pour buttermilk in a shallow bowl, and place it next to the dish with the flour.
- Spread Panko or bread crumbs in an even layer in another shallow dish. Set the dish next to the buttermilk.
- Pound the chicken breasts to a thickness of 1/4-inch.
- Heat the oil in a large (12-inch) skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip the chicken breasts first in the flour, shaking off the excess, then in the buttermilk, and finally, roll in the bread crumbs, before placing in the hot oil. Pan-fry the chicken on each side until cooked through, about 1-3 minutes per side, depending on how thick the chicken is.
- Make the lemon sauce: Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan (be sure to mix the cornstarch with the water before adding it to the saucepan). Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, until the sauce is reduced by half. Strain the sauce into a bowl, and serve with the lemon chicken.
Chicken Breast RecipesCranberry Chicken Recipe
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Crockpot Orange Chicken
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Potato Chip Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken
Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Easy Chicken Recipes | Easy Dinner Recipes | Cooking for Kids Recipe Index
Weekly Cooking for Kids Newsletter