Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Place chicken breasts in a zipper-sealed storage bag or large container. Pour lemon juice marinade over top. Refrigerate, covered, 20 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large (12-inch to 14-inch) skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Using tongs, remove chicken pieces from marinade and coat in flour, shaking off excess.
- Place chicken in skillet, and pan fry 5 to 7 minutes, until golden on each side.
Note: The chicken will finish cooking in the oven. This step is just to get a nice brown crust on it. Transfer chicken breasts to a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Measure chicken broth in a liquid measuring cup. Add brown sugar and cornstarch to the broth right in the measuring cup. Stir until the cornstarch is completely dissolved. Pour over the chicken.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.