I use this meat sauce for everything from spaghetti with meat sauce to baked ziti
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 lb. mild Italian turkey sausage, casings removed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes with basil
- 1 14 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onions and peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage pieces. Brown on all sides.
- Add remaining ingredients. Let simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes, until sauce thickens.
Serve with spaghetti, fettuccine, lasagna
or baked ziti