I like to use a homemade pizza crust
for this meatball pizza. But if you're in a hurry, feel free to use a refrigerated pizza crust. Smoked mozzarella cheese adds a real depth of flavor to this meatball pizza recipe, but if it's too expensive or you can't find it, just use regular mozzarella.
- Pizza dough for 1 14-inch pizzas or 1 refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 8 frozen pre-cooked Italian-flavored turkey meatballs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Stretch pizza dough to a 14-inch circle. Brush olive oil over pizza crust. Sprinkle Italian seasoning over top. Prick in several places. Bake on a pizza stone, baking sheet or Mario Batali cast iron pizza pan (compare prices) for 10 minutes.
- Spread sauce over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch crust all the way around. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Cut meatballs in half. Place meatballs, cut side down on top of cheese. Return to oven, and bake 10-12 minutes.