Need a quick and easy dinner for a weeknight? Try these meatball subs. This recipe is made with frozen meatballs, so this dinner is ready in no time. For variety, try different kinds of meatballs - buffalo chicken meatballs, pesto meatballs, Italian meatballs, etc.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 sub rolls (Italian sandwich rolls)
- 10-12 pre-cooked frozen or refrigerated meatballs
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place sub rolls, open-faced, on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 2-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place meatballs and spaghetti sauce in a 3-quart pot. Heat over medium heat until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Place 2-3 meatballs with a little sauce on half of each submarine roll. Top with 1 slice of Monterey Jack cheese. Return to the oven and bake 5 more minutes until cheese is melted.
Don't Miss: 5 Ingredient Recipes