The best beef for this recipe is 85% lean ground beef. If you go with 90% lean or greater, you'll lose some of the moisture that makes this meatloaf so delicious.
Don't Miss: Meatloaf Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 stalks celery, washed and trimmed
- 1 large carrot, washed and cleaned
- 1 small onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 small red pepper, sliced and seeded
- 1 pound ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place celery, carrot, onion and red pepper in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse several times, just until vegetables are finely chopped, but not pureed.
- Place vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Add ground beef, pork, egg, rolled oats, ketchup, salt and pepper.
- Mix with your hands until well-combined. Do not overmix. Place meatloaf mixture in prepared loaf pan. Drizzle with barbecue sauce.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reads 155 degrees.
- Let rest 15 minutes before serving. If you cut the meatloaf right away, all the juices will run out. Resting allows the meatloaf to continue cooking (it will rise to 160 degrees), and the juices of the meatloaf to re-distribute, making the meatloaf moister.
Don't Miss: Easy Cheesy Meatloaf Recipe