Mexican Meatloaf RecipeThis Mexican meatloaf recipe gets its zing from salsa and Mexican cheese blend.
If you're a fan of make-ahead cooking. you can make this easy meatloaf recipe and freeze it, either before or after cooking.
If you freeze it before cooking, shape the meatloaf and wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then put it in a zip-loc bag.
If freezing it after cooking, wrap the meatloaf tightly and store in an airtight container. Be sure to defrost the meatloaf overnight in the refrigerator before cooking or reheating.
- 1 cup Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (cheddar and Monterey Jack)
- 3/4 cup tomato salsa, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine Panko, eggs, cheese, 1/2 cup of the salsa, mustard and meats.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Shape meat mixture into a loaf on the baking sheet.
- Spread remaining 1/4 cup of salsa on top.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meatloaf (as measured with a thermometer) reaches 155 degrees. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Meatloaf RecipesBBQ Meatloaf Recipe
Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe
Easy Meatloaf Recipe
Italian Meatloaf Recipe
Mexican Meatloaf Recipe
Simple Meatloaf Recipe
Turkey Meatloaf Recipe