Make your own pizza dough in the bread machine or use a store-bought crust for this recipe.
Don't Miss: Pizza Recipes the Whole Family Will Enjoy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 33 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- homemade dough for one 12" to 14" pizza crust or one prepared pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1 cup vegetarian refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup black beans
- 8 oz. shredded Mexican cheese blend (cheddar, Monterey Jack) -- lowfat is okay
- canned jalapeno peppers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- If using homemade pizza dough, roll out enough for a 12- to 14-inch pizza.
- Place pizza dough on a heavy baking sheet or pizza pan.
Hint: If using homemade pizza dough, scatter a little cornmeal over the baking sheet before placing the dough on it, to prevent sticking.
- In a small bowl, stir together the refried beans and salsa. Spread over the pizza dough or prepared pizza crust.
- Scatter black beans evenly over the top.
- Top with cheese and a few jalapeno peppers, if using.
- Bake 12-18 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
Don't Miss: Whole Wheat Pizza Dough