This oven baked BBQ chicken recipe is slow cooked in a low-temperature oven to allow the chicken to absorb all the flavors of the barbecue sauce. Serve this barbecue chicken with mustard potato salad and ramen noodle cole slaw.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 3 Tbsp. grill seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. spicy mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 lbs. bone-in chicken pieces (breasts, legs, thighs)
- Whisk together 2 cups of the barbecue sauce, the grill seasoning, mustard and apple cider vinegar.
- Place chicken in a large, heavy plastic or glass bowl. Pour barbecue sauce mixture over chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate 6-8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place chicken pieces in a large pan. Cover with foil, and bake 2 hours.
- Uncover. Brush with reserved barbecue sauce. Bake an additional 30-60 minutes until cooked through.