This pesto pasta recipe makes a terrific side side or vegetarian main course. To make this pasta recipe even more filling, add rotisserie chicken breast and chopped tomatoes.
I like to use homemade basil pesto for this pesto pasta recipe. But feel free to use store-bought basil pesto, spinach pesto or sun-dried tomato pesto.
Don't Miss: Kale Pesto
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 oz. regular or whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions for al dente.
- Drain the pasta, and immediately toss with pesto, stirring to coat the pasta completely.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top.
Cover and refrigerate, or serve pesto pasta immediately with veggie garlic bread for a light and tasty vegetarian meal.
Don't Miss: Chicken Pesto Pizza Recipe