One easy way to broaden the palates of your picky eaters is to take two foods you know they like, and put them together. These pizza burgers are a great example.
- 1-1/2 lbs. 85% lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 12-18 slices regular or turkey pepperoni
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- potato bread hamburger buns
- Prepare grill or heat a cast iron grill pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Combine ground beef, salt and pepper. Form into 6 patties, being careful not to overwork the meat. (Click here for more tips on grilling perfect burgers)
- Grill burgers 4-5 minutes. Flip.
- Top each burger with 2-3 slices pepperoni and a slice of cheese. Grill to desired doneness, another 3-8 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (see Tips on Grilling Burgers).
- Place burgers on buns. Squirt with ketchup.