This halibut recipe is so easy, kids can make it themselves, because it's done in an electric skillet. The electric skillet ensures the temperature of the poaching liquid stays where it is supposed to be, preventing the fish from drying out or becoming overcooked.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 lb. halibut steaks or fillets (preferably wild halibut)
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- For Asian Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup apricot jelly
- 1/4 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Preheat an electric skillet to 145 degrees F.
- Add broth to skillet.
- Season both sides of halibut with salt and pepper.
- Place halibut in skillet. Spoon broth over fish. Cover and let the halibut poach for 7-9 minutes or until it flakes easily.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the Asian dipping sauce.
- Serve halibut with Asian dipping sauce.