Potato chip chicken is a delightful twist on chicken nuggets. Instead of frying, these chicken tenders are baked and coated with a potato chip crust. Kids love this potato chip crusted chicken recipe.
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 8 oz. can pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders
- 3 cups crushed potato chips
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- To make marinade, dump pineapple chunks in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add soy sauce, Dijon mustard, honey and red pepper flakes to the pureed pineapple. Blend until smooth.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish and pour marinade over. Using tongs, turn chicken pieces to make sure they are all well-coated. Cover and refrigerate 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread potato chip crumbs out in a large, shallow dish. Sprinkle pepper on top and stir gently with your hands to mix.
- Remove chicken from fridge. Spray a 15 x 10 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Take 1 chicken breast from marinade, and without wiping off marinade, dip in potato chip crumbs. Flip and coat the other side of the chicken breast with the potato chips crumbs, pressing lightly to make sure crumbs adhere. Place in the prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Drizzle olive oil over chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes. Check on chicken after 15 minutes. If it is getting too brown, reduce oven temperature to 400 and add 5 minutes to the baking time.