This recipe for pretzel crusted chicken
tenders is as fun for kids to make as it is to eat. Salty, crunchy pretzels are paired with sweet orange marmalade and tangy mustard in this pretzel chicken recipe, which appeals to kids and adults alike.
- 1/2 cup non-fat buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. orange marmalade
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders (or boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch strips)
- 3 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- mustard for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, mustard, rice vinegar, orange marmalade, salt and pepper in a large plastic container.
- Add chicken tenders to the marinade, turning with tongs to coat well. Place in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crush the pretzels in a VitaMix Blender (compare prices) or food processor.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Make an assembly line by placing the chicken first, then the crushed pretzels, then the baking sheet. Dip each chicken tender in the crushed pretzels, turning to coat. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle chicken tenders with melted butter.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven 12 to 15 minutes until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Drizzle with mustard.
Click here for step-by-step instructions, including pictures, on how to make this pretzel-crusted chicken tenders recipe.