This salmon recipe makes a super quick and easy dinner. Couscous goes well this salmon recipe.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Cucumber Salsa:
- 1 medium English (seedless) cucumber
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup canned pineapple tidbits in their juices
- 1/4 cup finely-diced fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 4 6 oz. salmon fillets
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Make the cucumber salsa first: Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Toss well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the salmon: Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and parsley. Brush over both sides of salmon.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon in hot skillet. Allow it to cook 4-5 minutes on the first side. Flip and let it cook another 3-4 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Remove to a plate. Top with cucumber salsa.