Salmon patties are a great alternative to crab cakes or fish cakes. Loaded with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is one of those superfoods nutrition experts say we should all eat often. And this salmon patties recipe is a great way to enjoy it.
Serve these salmon patties with roasted green beans and garlic mashed potatoes.
- 16 oz. cooked flaked salmon
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup Panko (Japanese bread crumbs), divided
- 2 Tbsp. chopped spring onions
- 2 Tbsp. finely-diced red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine salmon, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, 1/2 cup of Panko bread crumbs, spring onions, red pepper and Old Bay. Stir until well-combined.
- Form into patties.
- Place remaining bread crumbs on a plate. Roll salmon patties in bread crumbs, pressing down lightly to ensure crumbs adhere.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place salmon patties in skillet.
- Turn heat down to medium. Cook salmon patties until golden brown, flip and cook on the other side until golden brown (about 4-6 minutes on each side).