Sausage Lasagna Recipe
This sausage lasagna recipe is made easy by using oven-ready lasagna noodles and prepared spaghetti sauce. If you feel like making your own spaghetti sauce
, by all means, go ahead!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 2 26 oz. jars spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 15 oz. container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 8 oz. package oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degreees F. Spread 3/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- If using sausage in casings, remove casings. Brown sausage in a skillet. Drain fat and stir in remaining spaghetti sauce.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, egg, Italian seasoning and asiago cheese.
- Lay 3 lasagna noodles over sauce in prepared dish. Top with 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the sausage-spaghetti sauce mixture. Repeat layers two more times, ending with the sausage-spaghetti sauce mixture. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake 40 minutes. Remove foil, and bake another 5-15 minutes until bubbly and golden.
- Let lasagna rest 15 minutes before cutting.