Don't Miss: Leftover Meat Pie Recipe
- 3 lbs. Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups beef gravy (either leftover gravy or gravy from a jar)
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Place cubed potatoes into a large saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, until fork tender. Drain, and mash with the milk and butter. Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add ground beef to the vegetable mixture. Crumble and brown completely. Stir in gravy and ketchup.
- Spoon vegetable-beef mixture into prepared pan. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over the beef mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until potatoes are golden brown. Let the pie rest 10 minutes before cutting.