Serve this shrimp pasta with a green salad, and you've got a complete meal on the table in 30 minutes.
Don't Miss: Grilled Shrimp with Bacon
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 16 oz. spaghetti or linguine (whole wheat is okay)
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 lbs. extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup whole milk or cream
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions for al dente (the shortest cooking time). Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to let garlic burn.
- Add shrimp. Cook, turning halfway through, until shrimp turns pink and starts to curl, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp to a plate. Add salt, red pepper flakes, white wine, lemon juice and chicken broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil, then let simmer over medium heat, 5 minutes.
- Whisk in milk, stirring continuously.
- Whisk in remaining butter. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Place pasta in a large serving bowl. (Add a tablespoon of olive oil, if you like. It will make the pasta easier to toss.) Top with shrimp.
- Pour lemon butter sauce over shrimp and pasta. Serve immediately.