Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe
These sweet and sour meatballs
are easy to prepare and always a hit with the kids. Although this recipe calls for the sweet and sour meatballs to be prepared on the stove, you can certainly use the Crockpot instead. Just brown the meatballs first, whisk together the sauce ingredients and toss them in the Crockpot together. Set it on low for 8 hours or high for 3 hours, and you're all set to go.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lb. ground beef
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a large bowl, whisk egg. Stir in bread crumbs and garlic powder. Add ground beef, salt and pepper.
- Form into meatballs. Set aside.
- Whisk together the water and cornstarch. Stir in the teriyaki sauce, vinegar, ketchup, garlic, pineapple and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs. Brown on all sides.
- Pour teriyaki sauce mixture into a 3-quart saucepan. Heat on medium-high.
- Add browned meatballs to the sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low, and let simmer 30 minutes.
Serve with hot rice.