If your kids are anything like mine, they love tacos. But I don't always have time to set up a taco bar. This taco casserole recipe is my solution. We get all the great flavors of tacos in one convenient casserole. This dish makes a great recipe for potlucks, too.
Don't Miss: Easy Mexican Recipes Your Family Will Crave
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups tomato salsa
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained (vegetarian black beans are great with this recipe)
- 1 cup sour cream (low-fat is okay)
- 1 cup cottage cheese (low-fat is okay)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (or 1 cup shredded cheddar and 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack)
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef. Brown on all sides.
- Add salsa and black beans. Cook 1-2 minutes to allow flavors to come together. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, cottage cheese and 1 cup of the shredded Mexican cheese.
- Scatter half of the tortilla chips over the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Top with half of the meat mixture, then all of the cottage cheese mixture.
- Spread the remaining tortilla chips on top. Sprinkle with the remaining meat mixture and remaining shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.