Tilapia is a mild, sweet-tasting fish that's appealing to kids. For this tilapia recipe, the tilapia fish is pan-fried, then sauteed in a bright lemon butter sauce.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 (6 oz.) tilapia fillets
- 1/2 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Heat olive oil in a large (14-inch) skillet over medium- to medium-high heat.
- Whisk eggs in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spread out in an even layer on a plate.
- Dip each tilapia fillet into the egg, then the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Place in the heated olive oil. Pan-fry for 5-6 minutes. Flip, then continue to cook until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove fish to a plate. Add lemon juice and apple juice to the skillet. Stir to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add butter.
- When butter is melted, return fish to the skillet. Cook another 1-2 minutes, spooning sauce over fish to coat.