Serve this dish for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Just be sure to allow about 10 minutes for the quiche to rest when it comes out of the oven. If you cut it too soon, it'll turn into gloopy mess.
Don't Miss: Broccoli Bacon Quiche
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh asparagus pieces (about 1-inch long)
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half and half or evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and red pepper. Let vegetables sweat (cook without browning) for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place asparagus in a microwave-safe container with 1/4 cup of water. Heat on medium (50% power) for 1-2 minutes, until just tender. Do not overcook!
- Place asparagus in the bottom of the pie crust. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with half of the the swiss cheese.
- Pour the red pepper mixture over the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining swiss cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs and half and half. Pour evenly over the cheese.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until golden brown. Important! Let the quiche rest 10 minutes before cutting.
Don't Miss: Quiche Recipes You'll Love