This vegetarian chili recipe is a great make-ahead meal. Simply cook as directed, cool completely, then freeze in an airtight container.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 2 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions, and cook 1-2 minutes, until softened.
- Add diced red pepper, garlic and carrots. Cook another 3-5 minutes. Add zucchini. Cook another 2 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until carrots are fork tender and flavors meld together, about 20 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
Don't Miss: Top Chili Recipes