These Easter cupcakes
make a festive and tasty dessert for Easter. Around the spring, Cadbury and M&Ms make candy-coated chocolates in pastel colors in the shape of eggs. If you can't find them, use jelly beans to decorate these Easter cupcakes instead.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 18 Easter cupcakes
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- cream cheese frosting
- green food coloring
- candy-coated chocolate Easter eggs, such as M&Ms or Cadbury Easter eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners or grease generously.
- In a medium bowl, stir flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy, 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Whisk together milk and vanilla. On low speed, beat in the flour mixture and the milk mixture, alternating, until incorporated into the batter.
- Pour into prepared cupcake liners, filling about three-quarters of the way. Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Transfer cupcakes to wire racks to cool completely.
- When cupcakes have cooled, add a few drops of green food coloring to the cream cheese frosting until it reaches the desired color. Spread a generous layer of frosting over each Easter cupcake.
- Place coconut in a plastic bag. Add a few drops of green food coloring. Shake until coconut becomes green. Sprinkle coconut on top of Easter cupcakes. Arrange 3 candy eggs in the center of each Easter cupcake.