Don't Miss: Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 12-14 servings
- 6 cups day-old French or Italian bread, cubed
- 1 10 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss or cheddar cheese
- 5 slices bacon
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish. If baking now, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread bread cubes out in the buttered baking dish. Top with thawed spinach and cheeses.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain, and crumble over cheese layer.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over strata, pressing gently to make sure bread gets coated with egg mixture. Bake immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, place on the center rack of preheated 350-degree oven and bake 40-50 minutes until a knife inserted two inches from the edge comes out clean.
- Let breakfast strata rest 10 minutes before serving.
Don't Miss: Egg and Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe