Don't Miss: How to Cook Eggs Every Way
Prep Time: 5†minutes
Cook Time: 18†minutes
Total Time: 23†minutes
Yield: 2 Servings of Baked Eggs
- 2 tsp. cream
- 4 large eggs, preferably pastured with a high DHA omega-3 content
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray two 6-oz ramekins with cooking spray (or use butter to grease the ramekins).
- Put 1 tsp. cream in the bottom of each ramekin. Crack two eggs into each ramekin. (Note: you may want to crack the eggs in a separate dish first, then slide them into the ramekins, because you want to make sure the yolks are intact.) Sprinkle eggs with a pinch of salt and a grind of pepper. Top each ramekin with 1 tsp. parmesan cheese.
- Bake eggs 11-18 minutes, until whites are set and yolks are still runny. The cooking time will vary dramatically, depending on your oven and the shape of the ramekins. Wider, flatter ramekins will need less cooking time. So check the eggs at 11 minutes. If the whites are set, they're done. The yolks should be runny.
- Let eggs rest for a few minutes before serving.