Don't Miss: Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 slices thin sandwich bread
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms. Cook until browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish with the remaining tablespoon of butter. Lay bread in baking dish in an even layer. Top with mushrooms. Crumble bacon over mushrooms. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper together. Pour evenly over cheese, making sure to cover all of the bread. If desired, cover and refrigerate breakfast casserole overnight. Alternatively, you can bake this breakfast casserole immediately.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake breakfast casserole 45 minutes or until golden and slightly puffy.