This frittata recipe is very versatile. Add mushrooms or zucchini along with the peppers and onions if you like more vegetables. You can even add ham or cooked bacon. This frittata can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 4-6 slices bacon
- 2 Tbsp. oil (optional)
- 16 oz. frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Fry bacon in an oven-proof skillet. Drain on paper towels.
- If there are less than 6 Tbsp. of bacon drippings in the skillet (eyeball it), add oil. When hot, add hash browns, onions and peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir hash browns occasionally, 8-10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and milk together. Pour over hash brown mixture. Let eggs cook on the stove 1-2 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheddar. Transfer to the oven. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are set.