Don't Miss: Salmon Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings, salmon hash
- 1-1/2 lbs. red potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2-3 Tbsp. diced yellow, red or green bell peppers
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 lb. leftover grilled salmon or 16 oz. canned salmon
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano or dill
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 poached eggs (optional)
- Place potatoes on a paper towel in the microwave. Place a slightly-moistened paper towel on top of potatoes. Heat on high 7-10 minutes until soft when pierced with a knife, but not cooked through. Cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet. Add onions and peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes. Add potatoes in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, undisturbed (don't flip potatoes) 5-6 minutes, until browned on the bottom.
- Add salmon and chopped oregano or dill to potatoes. Flip and cook another 2-4 minutes until golden brown on the other side. Squirt lemon juice over salmon hash.
- Transfer salmon hash to 4 serving plates. Top each plate with a poached egg (optional) and some lemon zest.