Crispy Baked Tilapia RecipeThis baked tilapia recipe has a nice crisp coating that makes the fish taste almost fried, but it isn't. The topping is a mixture of Panko (Japanese bread crumbs), crushed potato chips and grated Parmesan cheese, giving this tilapia recipe a nice flaky texture.
Serve with fried corn.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 medium leeks, washed and chopped (white and light green parts)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 lbs. tilapia
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Toss leeks, red peppers, garlic and olive oil together. Spread out in an even layer in baking dish.
- Place fish on top of vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss Panko, potato chips, Parmesan cheese and butter together. Sprinkle evenly over fish, pressing lightly into the fish to form a loose crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork.