Don't Miss: Pecan Crusted Salmon Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
Yield: 4 servings, oven baked salmon
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachio nuts
- 1/2 tsp. ground thyme
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 6 oz. salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a pie plate or shallow dish, mix panko bread crumbs, pistachios and thyme. Pour buttermilk into another shallow dish, and set it next to the panko mixture.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Dip the non-skin side of the salmon fillets in the buttermilk, then dip the salmon in the panko mixture. Lay the salmon in the baking dish, skin side down.
- Bake the salmon in the oven, 14-18 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.