Shrimp Stuffed Baked PotatoesRecipe courtesy of The Shrimp Council. Reprinted with permission.
These stuffed baked potatoes couldn't be easier to make. The shrimp makes for a unique twist on traditional twice baked potatoes.
- 1 12 oz carton frozen shrimp scampi, such as SeaPak® Shrimp Scampi
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- black pepper
- Rinse potatoes and prick several times with a fork. Place potatoes in microwave and cook on high for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked. Meanwhile preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out potato flesh into a medium mixing bowl. Set potato skin shells on a baking sheet.
- Saute shrimp scampi in a large skillet over medium heat for 6-7 minutes. Shrimp should be almost fully cooked. Scoop out shrimp with a slotted spoon and set aside. Pour scampi sauce into mixing bowl with potato flesh. Mash scampi sauce with potato. Add cheese, sour cream and shrimp. Stir to incorporate. Add black pepper to taste.
- Scoop potato and shrimp mixture into four potato skin shells. Bake stuffed potatoes 10-15 minutes until thoroughly heated.