Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
refrigeration time: 8 hours
Total Time: 9 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 8-12 servings
- 1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Walnut Streusel Topping:
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish (compare prices).
- Cut cinnamon bread into 1-inch chunks. Place in the baking dish, making two layers.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour over bread, pressing to coat the bread well. Cover with foil, and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the casserole from refrigerator. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and flour together. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender (compare prices) or two knives. Stir in chopped walnuts. Scatter the topping over the casserole.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour. If you prefer a softer, more custard-like French toast, bake the casserole for 45 minutes. If you like a crunchier, more toasted texture, bake it for 1 hour.
Don't Miss: Thanksgiving Breakfast Food