See also: Favorite French Toast Recipes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings of French Toast
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 8 1-inch thick slices cinnamon bread (preferably from a bakery)
- 2-4 Tbsp. butter
- Whisk eggs, half and half, buttermilk, vanilla and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Dip two slices of cinnamon bread into the egg mixture, turning to coat. Let the bread soak up the egg custard while you heat the skillet.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the French toast slices to the skillet. Cook until golden brown. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Repeat with remaining bread slices. Serve the French toast topped with sliced strawberries and syrup.
Don't Miss: How to Make French Toast