French Toast RecipeThis French toast recipe is simple, classic and elegant. Thick slices of good-quality cinnamon bread are what really sets this French toast apart from the rest. Serve with sliced strawberries and maple syrup.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 8 1-inch thick slices cinnamon bread (preferably from a bakery)
- 2-4 Tbsp. butter
- Whisk eggs, half and half, buttermilk, vanilla and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Dip two slices of cinnamon bread into the egg mixture, turning to coat. Let the bread soak up the egg custard while you heat the skillet.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the French toast slices to the skillet. Cook until golden brown. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Repeat with remaining bread slices. Serve topped with sliced strawberries and syrup.
French Toast RecipesNutella Stuffed French Toast
Baked French Toast with Apples and Granola
Raspberry Cream Cheese Baked French Toast Recipe
Peanut Butter French Toast Recipe
French Toast Casserole with Strawberries
Chocolate French Toast Recipe