Frozen Chocolate BananasThese chocolate bananas can be made with any type of chocolate you like - milk chocolate, semisweet or dark chocolate chips. For a twist, try rolling these frozen chocolate bananas in toasted coconut or granola cereal instead of nuts. Kids love making these frozen chocolate bananas.
Yield: 4 frozen chocolate bananas
- 2 bananas
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup chopped peanuts or walnuts
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Slice bananas in half crosswise. Insert a lollipop stick or popsicle stick into the flat side of each banana half. Lay on prepared baking sheet. Freeze at least 15 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe container, and heat on 75% power 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until chocolate chips are melted. Alternatively, place chocolate chips and butter in a small saucepan and heat over very low heat, stirring, until melted.
- Spread chopped nuts out in an even layer on a plate.
- Dip frozen bananas in chocolate, allowing some of the excess chocolate to drain off. Then roll quickly in the chopped nuts. Return to waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze another minute or two until chocolate is set.
Don't Miss: Blueberry Fruit Dip Recipe