Don't Miss: Homemade Ice Cream Recipes and Frozen Desserts
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 pint strawberries, washed and hulled
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup chocolate sauce
- 3/4 cup chocolate chunks
- Chop 3-4 strawberries into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Puree remaining strawberries in a blender or food processor. Add sugar, cream and half and half to strawberries. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into your ice cream maker (compare prices) and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- When the ice cream is about three-quarters of the way finished churning, pour in the chocolate sauce. When the chocolate sauce is incorporated into the strawberry ice cream, add the reserved strawberry pieces and chocolate chunks. Continue churning ice cream until done, about 5 minutes.