I like to make this cake in the summer for special occasions and holidays. It's cool, refreshing, and you don't need to turn on the oven!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 3.4 oz. packages instant chocolate pudding
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1-3/4 cups heavy cream
- graham crackers (about 20)
- chocolate sauce, for garnish (optional)
- Place a stainless steel mixing bowl (compare prices) in the refrigerator while you prepare the strawberry-chocolate layer for this icebox cake.
- Wash and hull strawberries. Set aside about 10-12 strawberries for garnish. Place remaining strawberries in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk chocolate pudding and milk together until creamy. Whisk in strawberry puree. Set aside.
- Take stainless steel bowl out of the refrigerator. Pour cream into bowl. Beat with a wire whisk or an electric mixer until mixture becomes fluffy. Set aside the whipped cream.
- Line the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish with graham crackers, breaking graham crackers in half or quarters to fit.
- Spread half of the strawberry-chocolate pudding mixture over the graham crackers. Don't worry if it's a little runny. It will firm up as the icebox cake refrigerates.
- Top with another layer of graham crackers. Spread half of the whipped cream over this layer of graham crackers. Top with another layer of graham crackers, the remaining strawberry-chocolate mixture, another layer of graham crackers and remaining whipped cream.
- Refrigerate the icebox cake at least 4 hours or overnight.
To serve, cut into squares and garnish with fresh sliced strawberries and chocolate sauce.
Don't Miss: No Bake Desserts