Beef Burger Recipe
These beef burgers have a sweet flavor that appeals to everyone. The secret? Teriyaki sauce mixed into the burgers. A fresh mango salsa provides a fresh finish for this beef burger recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- For Mango Salsa:
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup. finely-diced red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. finely-diced purple onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- For Burgers
- 2 lbs. 80% to 85% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 potato hamburger buns
- Prepare mango salsa first: Combine mango, red pepper, onions, cilantro and lime in a small mixing bowl. Stir. Add salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare grill or heat a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Oil grill or grill pan lightly.
- Combine ground beef, teriyaki sauce and egg in a mixing bowl. Form beef mixture into 8 beef burgers.
- Place burgers on grill. Cook to desired doneness, approximately 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Let burgers rest 5 minutes before serving. Serve burgers on potato buns topped with mango salsa.
Makes 8 teriyaki beef burgers.