Beef Chili RecipeThis beef chili recipe is made with ground beef and Italian sausage. If you like a leaner chili, you can use extra lean beef (93%) and turkey sausage. I recommend grass-fed beef and organic turkey or pork sausage for this chili.
- 1 lb. extra lean (93% or 96%), preferably grass-fed ground beef
- 8 oz. mild Italian sausage or turkey sausage, preferably organic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely-diced
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies (undrained)
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes and jalapeno peppers (undrained)
- 1 14 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp. mild chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large, heavy saucepan or dutch oven, brown ground beef and sausage. Drain and remove to a plate.
- Heat olive oil in dutch oven over medium heat. Add diced onions and garlic. Cook several minutes until softened.
- Return the beef and sausage to the pot. Add the crushed tomatoes, both cans of diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, chili powder, brown sugar and cumin.
- Simmer over medium-low heat, 15-30 minutes. Taste, and season with salt and pepper.
Chili RecipesChili Con Carne
Easy Chili Recipe
Beef Chili Recipe
Crockpot Chili Recipe
Hot Dog Chili
Turkey Chili Recipe
Vegetarian Chili Recipe
White Chicken Chili