Recipe for MeatloafGot leftovers? This recipe for meatloaf is a great way to use leftover mashed potatoes and stuffing. Meatloaf recipes like this are comforting and easy to make.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups leftover stuffing or 6 oz. package stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups cold leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mushroom Gravy
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place ground beef, leftover stuffing or stuffing mix, ketchup and eggs in a large bowl. Mix with your hands. Form a loaf and place in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Remove meatloaf from oven. With your clean hands, spread the mashed potatoes over the meatloaf. Smooth with a spatula. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Return meatloaf to oven. Bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and meatloaf is cooked to 160 degrees F.
- Let meatloaf rest 10 minutes before cutting. In the meantime, make the mushroom gravy: Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook until mushrooms are browned.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture. Whisk constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Add beef broth. Cook, whisking frequently, until thickened, 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Meatloaf RecipesBBQ Meatloaf Recipe
Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe
Easy Meatloaf Recipe
Italian Meatloaf Recipe
Mexican Meatloaf Recipe
Simple Meatloaf Recipe
Turkey Meatloaf Recipe