Don't Miss: Recipes That Start with Frozen Meatballs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 lb. frozen pre-cooked beef or turkey meatballs, thawed according to package directions
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large, heavy saucepan or dutch oven.
- Add onions, green peppers and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft.
- Add tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and Italian seasoning. Cook 5 minutes or so, until flavors meld.
- Add meatballs. Cook until warmed through.
Serves 4-6 people.