This tater tot casserole is an inexpensive meal the kids will love. Although I recommend low-sodium cream of mushroom soup for this recipe (because it allows you to control how much salt you want), you can use regular cream of mushroom soup and just reduce the amount of salt you add to the ground beef if you prefer.
Don't Miss: Recipes with Ground Beef
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 10 oz. can low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat is okay)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 32 oz. package frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef. Season with salt and pepper, while browning. Drain.
- Spread ground beef in the prepared baking dish. Whisk together soup and sour cream. Spread over ground beef in an even layer.
- Sprinkle one cup of cheddar cheese over the soup layer.
- Top with tater tots.
- Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Don't Miss: Ground Beef Casseroles